Friday, January 4, 2008

Yay Iowa!

Well, I've got to say that I'm quite happy with the way the political landscape is shaping up for Barack Obama back in the U.S. of A. I'm really excited that he's got the lead in the Democratic Party for now anyway, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Unfortunately, the political landscape in Pakistan is uncertain, as I'm sure you are all aware by now of the assassination of Benazir Bhutto, and the ongoing investigation surrounding her death.

A much larger concern to me personally, though, and Cara, is the unstable political situation in Kenya. She is still, as far as we know, scheduled to travel to Nairobi, Kenya on a zoological trip for her masters degree program with Trinity College here in Dublin, in April or May. No word on whether the trip is still on has been received, but I'm worried a bit for her safety, unless the situation calms down considerably by that point, and neither of us is sure whether the tickets for said trip have been booked yet or not, etc. At any rate, I'm sure it will all work out in the end, but naturally, we're keeping an eye on the situation anyway.

I think tomorrow though, we'll be checking out the exhibit on the northwestern European bog bodies at the National History Museum in Dublin, as an interesting learning opportunity, and a hopefully cheap touristy thing for us to do.

No comments: